In their early years, a child’s language development progresses exponentially and hence, it is important to introduce Mandarin to them in a lively setting to help them grow their love for the language.
The sessions are conducted in a fun, highly interactive and stress free environment, and there are ample opportunities to allow children to practice their conversational Mandarin.
Each weekly session is based on a different story and theme, and children are introduced to words, songs, poems, hands on activities and craft sessions related to the story and theme of the day.
· Stories Alive! Speech and drama: Stories come alive as each child gets a chance to role play characters that are part of the story of the week! Fun props and costumes are used to allow participants to have a realistic experience related to the theme. Through role playing and imaginative activities, we encourage children to verbalise their learning and express themselves confidently in Mandarin.
· Time to Speak: Mandarin Show and Tell, Games, conversational activities, story dramatization activities help children develop their confidence in speaking and expressing themselves in Mandarin.
· Time to Listen: Thematic stories are shared giving opprtunities for expanding children's imaginations, vocabulary and understanding of language.
· Time to Sing!: Specially created songs related to the theme of the day reinforces the child’s learning.
· Time to Read: Basic Chinese characters and sensorial writing acitivities are introduced weekly
· Art and craft: Children develop their fine motor skills through creative art pieces that reinforces the day's learning
· Cookery: learning about different types of food and learning to follow instructions in Mandarin.